A growing civil-environmental engineering consultancy firm, that provides turn-key solutions to their industrial and municipal clients, is looking for a Financial Controller/Senior Book Keeper to join their vibrant team in North Vancouver. The company, built on a foundation of safety, innovation, and quality, prefers a driven and engaged person to join its accounting and administration team.
What to expect:
- The role covers all aspects of office management and bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online, BigTime project management, Google Drive, spreadsheets, and other software as needed.
- You will play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health of the company.
- Your attention to detail, proficiency in accounting software, and ability to handle various financial tasks will contribute to the smooth operation of our business.
- Reporting to ownership, hours are part-full time (minimum 30 hours per week) depending on duties associated with each week of the month.
- This role does not require the successful candidate to be based in North Vancouver, however being located in the Lower Mainland area or Vancouver Island would be considered an asset.
Key Competencies and responsibilities may include:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the company.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards
- Provincial remittances and correspondence (HST, WCB)
- Preparation and payment of corporate taxes, GST, and government grants (SR&ED)
- A/P functions: Enter supplier invoices/expenses and employee expenses and allocate them to the correct internal account and billable project
- Regular review of the balance sheet to ensure items are correctly categorized and balanced/Conduct account analysis to identify discrepancies or errors
- Financial analysis – Generate financial reports and review with company shareholders on a quarterly basis
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing and tax regulations (PD7A) – Download and analyze employee time to assist with payroll run on QBO and track employee banked overtime and vacation hours.
- A/R Functions: Review aging AR reports monthly with Project Managers and follow up with clients with outstanding invoices, and receive and apply payments
- Invoicing: Assistance with unbilled time and expenses and creating invoices based on billable time and expenses using BigTime
Required Skills and Education:
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. QBO Payroll (including year-end tasks, ROE, and T4)
- QBO Bookkeeping
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables and vlookups)
- SR&ED Experience an advantage
- Receipting software experience (Hubdoc or receiptbank)
- Comfortable with Google Drive, sheets, and other cloud-based applications
- English Proficiency
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
Expected hours: Part-full time (30-40 hrs/week) flexibility around the applicants needs
- Part-time benefits include a $2000 Health Spending Account
- Full-time benefits Include Dental and Extended Health
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking entry into the industry and desiring a favorable work-life balance. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree