A construction firm in Surrey, BC, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their office for a full-time position. The company, being in the industry since 1964, has completed over 300 projects in residential, recreational, and industrial market segments. If you are looking to have a voice and collaborate with a team to drive continuous improvement initiatives – this company is a good fit for you.
This role is for a 16-month term with potential for a permanent role as we continue to grow the company and overall portfolio. The role is a Senior Accountant level with the ability to backfill the Controller role during a leave of absence.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coach and mentor, a small team and collaborate with portfolio finance leads.
- Participate with the leadership team to achieve company and department goals.
- Responsible for financial reporting and general ledger management.
- Ensure compliance with tax legislation, including GST and monitoring CRA accounts.
- Prepare and support financial audits, both internal and external, by providing accurate financial records and documentation.
- Oversee accounts payable, receivable, and payroll.
- Assist in maintaining and improving financial systems and internal controls to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide financial support and direction to other stakeholders within the business as needed.
- Oversee bank transfers, cash management, and prepare weekly cash forecasts.
- Model the Company Values – Take Care of Each Other, Build Great Things, Be Innovative, Have Fun.
- At least 5 years of senior-level accounting experience with a General Contractor background is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CPA designation or working toward achieving.
- Experience coaching and leading a team.
- Experience collaborating across functional areas.
- Proficiency in translating financial results, information, and ideas to non-financial professionals.
- Ability to analyze short- and long-term financial impacts of various strategic options.
- Autonomous, and collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of all data.
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with construction industry-specific software or project management tools is an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a team that is evolving and growing. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.