A local BC real estates company has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented professional to join the Accounting & Finance Team as a Senior Lead Accountant/Controller
You will be supervising two accountants and be responsible for all the accounting requirements for the Group’s Income Producing Properties and Development Projects.
This is a full-cycle accounting role that will benefit from a candidate that is a team player and keen to take ownership of the Accounting Team’s assigned responsibilities. The role reports to the VP Finance
The ideal candidate would have an established professional (and educational) background in accounting, be detail-oriented, highly organized, strong communicator and able to mentor/lead the accounting team.
This company offers an active, fun, balanced, professional and open corporate culture;
- Responsible for accounting and reporting strategy, including the Shareholders’ other related investment holdings including optimizing tax strategy and streamlining cash flow and dividends.
- Assisting with the personal holding companies of the owners
- liaison with Senior Management and the Ownership Group as an integral part of the Management Team.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff
- Monthly cash flow reporting
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and other balance sheet accounts
- Monitor, review and recommend changes to accounting processes and procedures as appropriate to improve internal controls and/or effectiveness.
- Prepare general journal and sales-related entries
- Review Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Bank reconciliations
- Tax & Government Filings as required
- Year-End Financials for each Company in the Group
- Assist with any audit and/or review engagement with external accountants
- Monthly reporting to senior management and the ownership group
- Monthly progress draws on active construction projects
- Quantity Surveyor budget reviews and any lender requirements
- Assist with developing and maintaining proformas, project budget reports, variance analysis and cash flows for acquisitions, developments, and construction efforts
- Review and Approve Invoice coding
- Prepare contract summary reports related to consultant contracts for accuracy and budget changes
- Monthly GST Returns
- Information for Lenders
- Income Producing Properties:
- Reconcile and maintain accounts and summaries related to mortgage loans, land deposits, acquisition site investigation costs and pre-sale deposits.
- Maintain and prepare entries related to rental properties maintained by third party property management companies.
- Create and maintain rental and tenant tracking tools for each Property in the portfolio
- Maintain and prepare municipal letters of credit and deposit summaries
- Dedicated focus and collaborative
- Strong ability to ‘think on your feet’, roll with change and problem solve
- Highly motivated and proactive approach with comfort meeting deadlines with accuracy/quality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Sage 300 and/or equivalent accounting system
- Experience accounting for a Real Estate operation would be an asset
- Minimum 5-7 Years Accounting experience
- Experience in the real estate industry preferred
- CPA or equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic, fun and positive attitude
Excellent Compensation package including a comprehensive extended health care plan, paid time off and potential bonus pay and other extra perks
Please send your resume to email@example.com for this great opportunity.