A local Property Management company focusing on commercial and residential properties in the lower mainland has a great opportunity for a Senior Property Accountant. If you enjoy working for a fun and collaborative environment, this company is for you.
You will have 5 years of experience in property management in commercial and strata and experience with Voyager 7S.
Duties in this role include:
- Preparing monthly financial statements, annual budgets, annual recoveries calculations and lease input for a portfolio of residential, commercial and strata properties
- Preparing of GST/HST returns, TransLink Tax returns, and Non-Resident Tax forms
- Preparing of annual tenant rental schedules for portfolio of properties
- Preparing of annual recovery cost invoices for portfolio of properties holding net leased tenants
- Input of annual budget figures into accounting software, ensuring accuracy of data entry
- Bank reconciliation updates
- Reviewing of narrative component of monthly reports ensuring accuracy of information
- Preparing of monthly owner distributions using cash-flow spreadsheet
- Tenant accounts receivable reconciliations
- Set up of new properties on accounting software, ensuring accuracy of input of both client and tenant information
- Assisting with tenant and property charge-back invoices including lease commissions, project management fees and lease documentation
- Year-end audit compilation and reviews
- Review of monthly rent rolls for accuracy and up-to-date tenant information
Attributes of Successful Applicant:
- Suitable for a CPA student
- Experience in property accounting and Spectra accounting software are assets for this role
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Organized and effective to manage deadlines
- Ability to problem solve; resourceful in digging for answers and thinking logically
- Ability to work under pressure when required without compromising quality of work
If you enjoy a dynamic and close-knit accounting group that emphasis on personal and professional growth, this company is for you.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for this great opportunity.