A publicly traded mining company listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented mineral producing company with strong financial capacity has a great opportunity for VP of Finance/Controller.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with financial capacity and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms.
You will make a significant impact, working with the executive leadership team to lead and guide excellence in Financial Reporting and budgeting for an organization that is well-positioned for future success. The company is committed to employee ownership in and of the business, and compensation (including equity) is an important part of this philosophy. The ideal candidate will be in a position to assume a CFO role in 2-5 years time.
This position will report directly to the CFO, acting as a strategic partner with senior staff in respect with the current project, along with future projects and operations, to collect and provide financial information to meet the business reporting needs.
You will be responsible for accurate timely reporting, project and operational budgeting, along with treasury and debt management. You will lead the preparation the Company’s financial model, strategic financial analysis and planning, the annual budget, and the interim forecasts. You will also be responsible for the review of financial statements, select press releases and internal operational reports as applicable during the permitting, construction and production phases. The successful candidate will also be initially responsible for supporting the Controller function, providing timely preparation and filing of the consolidated financial statements, note disclosures, MD&A and board materials, and legal entity financial statements while helping to staff up and develop the finance team as the Company grows, and coaching them for future success.
Scope of Responsibilities:
You will be tasked to define and lead improvements in the reporting processes and general finance processes and, in due course, work with both the Mine Site Controller and Corporate Controller to ensure they also meet their reporting deadlines.
- Promote the corporate Health & Safety vision and ethical operations
- Lead the execution of the financial reporting, planning and forecasting, coordinating financial reporting in collaboration with the corporate and mine site finance teams
- Champion high quality reporting from the finance team and from site to supply to the Company’s financial partners
- Ownership and maintenance of the Company’s enterprise model
- Delivery of the annual Budget and interim forecasts and quarterly forecast update reports
- Treasury and debt management including analysis on optimal structures and principal repayments
- Support Investor Relations with internal NAV conclusions for cross-referencing to analyst reports
- Lead and collate the monthly financial reporting lender and stakeholder reporting
- Review operational and project financial and variance analysis in support of Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, and other departments and stakeholders
- Liaise with department heads in Vancouver and at the mine site
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and prepare IFRS filings for the TSXV
- Define and lead fit for purpose process improvements and coordinating the implementation of such changes with the global finance team and mine site controller, and develop other sustainable processes to help the organization grow
- Assist and coach subordinates and other team members on accounting, transactions, reorganizations and the preparation of financial reports as may be required
- Travel to site as required
- CPA designation and at least 10 years of post-designation experience in mining with established producing companies
- Significant experience with financial modelling
- Experience with mining capital projects and mining operational reporting including Life of Mine Models, with valuation experience
- Complex financial analysis skills with experience with in managing and reporting in IFRS, acquisitions, divestitures, and taxation, internal audit, SOX
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills, used for regulatory filings including financial statements, liaising with auditors, MD&A and board presentations
- Experience working with technical specialists and business owners in a cross functional environment to work to the optimal business outcome
- Advanced Excel skills and extensive experience with ERP systems such as SAGE 300 and Microsoft Great Plains, as well as consolidation systems and implementations of larger ERP solutions like Oracle, SAP, Hyperion is a plus
- Canadian and cross-border tax experience is a plus
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for this excellent opportunity.