The construction industry is characterized by tight profit margins and significant cash flow challenges and your company’s success depends on strong financial leadership to meet your construction accounting needs. To meet this need, many contractors reach a point where they should either appoint or hire a Controller or Chief Financial Officer (CFO). However, the differences between these two roles are often misunderstood.
The primary difference between a controller and CFO is that the former tracks and reports financial performance, while the latter develops strategies to improve that performance. The controller’s role is tactical, while the CFO’s role is more strategic. Gain more insight on how the two differ below:
- Performing accounting, bookkeeping and basic cash-flow tasks
- Preparing daily, weekly or monthly financial reports
- Overseeing payroll
- Supervising accounts receivable and payable
- Closing the books and preparing month-end financials
- Overseeing tax reporting and compliance
- Controllers may also be responsible for upholding internal controls to guard against financial misreporting and fraud, and most are the go-to expert on their companies’ accounting software.
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and complex financial projections
- Maximizing cash flow
- Reviewing and analyzing monthly financial statements
- Establishing policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and accuracy of management reports
- Understanding how finance and business operations are interrelated and harmonizing the two
- Developing and maintaining an effective capital structure
- Overseeing tax planning and strategy
- CFOs may also spend time negotiating with lenders and other funding sources, and maintaining relationships with banks and sureties. In addition, a CFO will help with the company’s technology purchasing decisions.
If you lack the resources or don’t want to bring someone in-house, outsourced controller or CFO services can be an effective solution — either permanently or until you’re in a position to hire someone. You might also engage a CFO/consultant on a short-term contract to help you target a strategic direction.
AG Recruiment Process
Our goal is to build careers and enhance lives by being the best supplier of recruitment services.
Listen And Understand Your Cultural Fit
We will visit your facility and understand the culture your company and ensure that we send you only those candidates that are an appropriate fit.
Sourcing and qualifying candidates
We search for candidates through traditional means, networking and passive job seekers.
Short List The Candidates
We will select only high caliber candidates that are a fit with your organization and will send only qualified candidates..
Immediate communications after employers interview
We will provide you with prompt feed back as to status of the candidates job search.
Making an offer and Reference Check
We will advise you on how to successfully recruit the best candidate and provide you with all the relevant references.
Post Hiring Communications
We will follow up to ensure that you are pleased with placement.
AG Recruitment helped me in my recent job search and was very helpful in generating opportunities that were a great fit for myself and the prospective employer. I found AG Recruitment to be knowledgeable in their field and a great resource for sourcing opportunities in Vancouver.
Randy G - Energy Company
AG Recruitment is dedicated, driven and passionate to their profession. As much as she is dedicated to servicing her clients, she is also very dedicated to her candidates. AG Recruitment provides a very high level of attention to her candidates from start to finish and follow up throughout a candidate’s career move. She invests her time to get to know her candidates in depth to make sure that they would be a great fit to an organization.
Steve K. - Healthcare Industry
I have had the pleasure of working with AG Recruitment as a candidate. AG Recruitment is in the business of “making things happen” and that is exactly was they do. AG Recruitment’s ability to negotiate, communicate, and listen to clients and deliver, was nothing short of impressive. AG Recruitment’s natural gift of being a great connector was a huge asset to me through the job seeking process. They definitely use every opportunity to network and generate results for both clients and candidates. AG Recruitment’s confidence and professionalism was very consistent through the whole process and I would highly recommend AG Recruitment to anyone or any organization who is seriously looking for quality candidates who will generate results.
Samia M - Healthcare Industry
Eve Wang - Candidate
AG Recruitment are professionals and hard-working recruiters. We had tight timelines of getting a candidate in for an interview with our managers but we were able to coordinate late at night for a morning interview the next day. AG Recruitment is always available and extremely friendly staff to work with.
Kai G - Client
Still Need Help ?
Contact us about how we can help you succeed in your industry.