A property management company that operates in major cities across Canada has a great opportunity for a Corporate Controller to join their Senior Management team.
The company has been rapidly expanding over the last decade and currently experiencing . represent rapid growth. To support our significant expansion plans for this year. ,management would like to bring on a candidate that is a good problem solvers, positive energy, collaborative and accountable and enjoy working in a fast face, high growth environment.
The successful candidate will want to learn, and understand the operations and growth opportunities. The Financial Controller will report to the Head of Operations, is a partner and trusted advisor to the CEO, and will serve as a key decision-making member of the senior management team
- Oversees the functions of the Accounting Department, ensuring that the department’s ongoing processes (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, maintaining the general ledger, cash management, variance analysis, trust account management & reconciliations, property management & client statement management etc.) operate effectively and efficiently. This role also sets policies and establishes procedures to ensure continuity and efficiency as well as compliance with the real estate council, GAAP/IFRS and all legal reporting requirements.
- Performs month-end and year-end closings producing accurate financial reports in a timely manner and effectively communicates this information to increase managements’ understanding of financial information in decision making. Financial analysis will include the establishing, strategizing, reporting and analysis of specific KPI’s and interpreting correlations for optimal ROI and results.
- Maintains, manages, and develops accounting staff by effectively orienting, managing, and training employees. Works to develop and maintain a high level of engagement among employees and ensures cross-training and the development of skills so that the staff is flexible, resilient, and increasingly capable. This position will require assistance with some hands-on accounting work, including payroll and month end reconciliations as well as vendor and client management.
- Responsible for effective cash management, ensuring financing options and creating investment strategy for the company while working with shareholders to maintain & optimize the company’s banking relationships.
- Leads the annual budget development process and provides variance analysis information to assist in company decision making. Provides regular forecasts of revenues, expenses, cash, and budget variances for review. Oversees and leads cost accounting and margin analysis, producing timely and accurate information for use in expansions, acquisitions or other decision making.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a leader and financial controller at a fast-paced company is a must. Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance), or related area. A CPA designation is required
- Experience planning for growth in a company scaling quickly. Ability to problem solve, use analytics and draw useful insight from KPI’s and financial data is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of sophisticated software or an ERP system in required. Experience in transitioning a company to a new ERP or accounting system is a huge asset.
- Substantial supervisory experience and team management experience is important along with excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing or improving policies, procedures, and controls used in accounting systems and protocols.
- Very strong operational accounting experience (month-end close, financial statements, and year end filings etc.) is a must. Property accounting and trust account management experience is a great asset, but not required.
- Experience in working within a regulatory environment, such as the real estate council, is a bonus.
- Budgeting/Forecasting and Financial Modelling experience is very important. We love to measure everything and use metrics and KPI’s to make decisions.
- Experience with Netsuite would be an asset
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for this great opportunity.
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10