A local Vancouver Real Estate company is looking for Manager, Property Accounting. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working in a small sized real estate development, management and investment organization. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being hands on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You are passionate about process improvements and bring a fresh lens of industry best practices to this role. This role reports to the Controller.
- Supervise and manage our fantastic Property Accountant encouraging growth and development through review of monthly and annual files by offering constructive feedback and technical expertise
- Partner with other functional groups with Asset Management team to ensure high level of service
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of annual activities such as property budgets, final operating cost recovery adjustments, annual property taxes, and property audits
- Supervise the month-end/quarter-end/annual property close, reconcile asset continuity schedules, follow-up with on discrepancies/issues and ensure supporting schedules are completed
- Prepare and maintain CAPEX amortization schedules and overhead allocation schedule for each property
- Responsible for full cycle accounting for the portfolio of properties
- Prepare month end journal entries for properties as well as monthly operational reporting packages
- Analyze variances from budget to identify trends, risks, and opportunities
- Prepare financial reporting to satisfy lender requirements
- Review monthly rent roll packages
- Prepare and review year-end CAM reconciliations and tenant billings and year-end working paper files and liaise with external auditors on CAM Audit
- Professional accounting designation or suitable experience
- Experience in property accounting including some supervision of staff
- Experience evaluating current policies and procedures and implementing new practices to drive efficiencies and controls
- Strong capability in interpreting leases and performing cost reconciliations
- Solid organizational and time management skills, with an ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working independently
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to draft clear and concise written communications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with the ability to develop creative and strategic solutions to issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to build relationships
- High level of attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience implementing new modules in Yardi Voyager 7S
- Yardi Voyager 7S experience is required and Yardi Admin experience is an asset
- Hybrid work environment with flexible working hours including home base setup package.
- Competitive compensation including base salary and bonus.
- Above market health and dental benefits package including a healthy amount per year to use towards either a lifestyle spending account or a health care spending account.
- Bright, dog friendly office adjacent to large sunny park with fully stocked kitchen, extensive coffee selection and weekly lunches at the restaurant downstairs.
- Access to on demand continuous learning platform for both professional and personal development
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to email@example.com for this fabulous opportunity.