A successful local Vancouver Real Estates company is currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting with strong financial accounting and analytical skills and leadership experience to join the growing finance team at the head office. In this role, you will have ownership over the accounting and reporting of the Company’s corporate entities and will be accountable for a diverse set of activities, including full cycle accounting and reporting, corporate entity performance analysis, corporate process and procedures design and development, and management of three team members. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with industry experience or who is coming from public practice to work with a leader in the multi-family real estate finance industry, positioned for continued growth.
- Detailed reviews of monthly corporate financial statements packages on both legal entity and consolidated levels including variance analysis, and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review banking transactions prepared by the corporate accountant.
- Manage the accounts payable process and approve invoice batches.
- Analyze business processes and identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement. Provide and implement recommendations.
- Act as a key resource to the business and deliver value to stakeholders, including understanding and explaining key performance metrics for the corporate entities for the senior leadership team.
- Develop the accounting and reporting and treasury management processes for a new Company investment structure.
- Assist in the review and design of best practices with the department’s corporate accounting and reporting procedures and processes. Draft memos and document corporate accounting and reporting processes.
- Assist in the design and preparation of monthly and quarterly strategic meeting presentations and materials by the finance team.
- Treasury management for the corporate entities.
- Review quarterly lender reporting for the corporate entities and assist with the management of the property level lender compliance.
- Prepare, analyze, and report financial data analysis to support senior management’s decision-making process.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand new transactions impacting the corporate entities.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Supervision of direct reports including:
- Managing the workflows and the workloads of direct reports
- Collaboratively setting the individuals’ performance objectives, goals and providing performance reviews and ongoing feedback.
- Encourage learning and growth and foster a fun and engaging work environment.
- Assist with accounting research and issue resolution of corporate and operations complex accounting issues to determine the accounting and disclosure implications of significant transactions as well as the implementation thereof.
- Assist with the external audits.
- Assist with special ad hoc projects periodically requested by the CFO, VP, Finance, and the Director of Finance.
Competencies, Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Must have obtained a CPA designation and have completed a university degree in accounting or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years of industry or public firm experience.
- Experience in the commercial real estate, residential real estate, or property management sectors would be preferred.
- Well-rounded technical knowledge and experience working with ASPE, IFRS, and, US GAAP and accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager software is an asset.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure, and manage tight deadlines.
- Possess a good sense of urgency and the ability to handle and adapt to multiple demands, competing priorities, and constant changes with structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to work at a detailed level as well as at a higher and conceptual level.
- Willingness to learn and work in a dynamic environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can collaborate with individuals across departments and countries.
If this sounds like the position you have been searching for, please send your resume to agugliotta!ag-recruitment.com for this great opportunity